We are one of leading suppliers who wholesale camshaft sensor, we start from the following questions to illustrate the safety impact of camshaft sensor on the car.
What does the camshaft sensor do?
The camshaft helps control the opening and closing of the car’s valve. Although the speed of the camshaft in a four-stroke engine is half that of the crankshaft (in a two-stroke engine, the speed of the camshaft is the same as the crankshaft), but usually its speed is still very high, and it needs to bear a lot of torque.
Is it safe to drive with a bad camshaft sensor?
It is safe, but it will affect your engine and cause the crankshaft to reverse during the starting process. The car idling is unstable and the jitter is serious. It is similar to the car’s lack of cylinder failure, the car’s acceleration is weak, the fuel consumption is high, the exhaust emission exceeds the standard, and the exhaust pipe will emit unpleasant black smoke.
What happens when a camshaft sensor goes bad?
It will happen with the following:
1. Ignition failure: the camshaft position sensor can determine the ignition sequence. If it is broken, it will cause ignition failure and the engine is not easy to start;
2. Engine weakness: after the camshaft position sensor is broken, the ECU cannot detect the position change of the camshaft, and cannot correctly detect the position change of the camshaft, which affects the intake and exhaust volume of the near-exhaust system, thereby affecting the engine performance;
3. Increased fuel consumption: the camshaft position sensor is broken and the computer will spray fuel out of order! This causes fuel consumption, vehicle weakness, and speed failure.
What does a bad camshaft sound like?
This kind of sound is produced when the engine is working. It is a rhythmic and muffled metal knocking sound. When the idle speed or idle speed is slightly higher, the noise is more obvious when you check it at each camshaft bearing.
Causes of abnormal noise of camshaft
1. The matching clearance between the camshaft and its bushing is large.
2. The camshaft bushing rotates.
3. The camshaft is bent and deformed.
4. The axial clearance of the camshaft is too large.
5. The camshaft bushing alloy burns or falls off.
Inspection and judgment
1. The sounding part is on the side of the camshaft, and the throttle is slowly changed. The sound is clear when idling, and the sound is obvious at medium speed. When the sound becomes messy or weakened or disappears at high speed, it may be an abnormal noise of the camshaft;
2. Remove the valve chamber cover, press the camshaft with a metal rod, and listen to whether there is any change in the noise. Any change in the noise is the camshaft noise;
3. Use a metal rod or stethoscope to touch the vicinity of each bearing of the cylinder. If there is a strong sound and vibration, it can be preliminarily determined that the journal is making a sound.
How much does it cost to replace a camshaft sensor?
In fact, this will not cost you much. It is alwasys based on the number of your broken vehicles, your car brand, the quality of the camshaft sensor, and the manufacturers. . . These are all important factors that affect prices.
Additional knowledge: Why is the side of the cam egg-shaped?
The purpose of the egg-shaped design is to ensure adequate intake and exhaust of the cylinder. In addition, taking into account the durability of the engine and the smoothness of operation, the valve should not have too much impact due to the acceleration and deceleration process in the opening and closing action, otherwise it will cause severe valve wear, increased noise or other serious consequences.
We sell camshaft sensors and also provide customers with high-quality LEXUS Auto Camshaft sensors. If you are looking for proper camshaft sensor for your Lexus, we hope to make your journey smooth via our camshaft sensors.
Post time: Nov-24-2021